StartseiteStartseite  KalenderKalender  MitgliederMitglieder  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  NutzergruppenNutzergruppen  SuchenSuchen  FAQFAQ  

Neues Thema eröffnen   Eine Antwort erstellenAustausch | 

Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig

Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
Lane
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4350

BeitragThema: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Sa März 05 2016, 10:00

Hey folks,

We have been doing a lot of internal playtesting on the Eternal Championship and it is currently not at a level that we believe our players deserve. In keeping with our commitment to offer the highest quality experience possible with our latest expansion, we have decided to delay the launch of the Eternal Championship. We are focusing on overall balance, ensuring each boss fight is challenging, endeavoring to exceed quality expectations, and most of all, making sure it is a fun experience. Please note Bowdaar will also be delayed, but will continue to launch alongside the Eternal Championship.

To help ensure we deliver on the deeper experience we promised, we have decided to make the Eternal Championship available on our Public Test Server (PTS) prior to releasing it. We are eager to make this feature as high quality as possible and would love to get your feedback as we work to strengthen it. Once we nail down the release schedule we will let you know how to get access on PTS.

I will provide more information as I have it; our goal is to have more information in the next 4-6 weeks. Thank you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=874690

***Mitglied im sozialen Netzwerk gegen Zombie-Phobie***
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen https://andersonswelt.jimdo.com/
Nalini

Anzahl der Beiträge : 180

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Sa März 05 2016, 10:43

Schon wieder? Sollte doch ursprünglich schon im letzten Update sein und jetzt sprechen sie von Infos in 4-6 Wochen, noch nicht mal Release... mir persönlich ist das ja ziemlich egal, aber ein bisschen peinlich ist das schon^^
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Warham
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1732

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Mo März 07 2016, 18:22

Sad

Wär mal eine Abwechslung gewesen

"Hey... you dying? Can I have your stuff?"

Tora
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Mo März 07 2016, 18:28

Besser als wenn sie es jetzt releasen und erst in 3-4 Monaten bugfixen, um es in einem halben Jahr richtig zu fixen ^^
Nach oben Nach unten
Nalini

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Mo März 07 2016, 18:37

Ich geh davon aus, dass sie es noch nicht mal ansatzweise fertig haben, war ja auch noch ned auf dem PTR zum testen.^^
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Kapupu

Anzahl der Beiträge : 93

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Mo März 07 2016, 19:05

Hört sich für mich so an als hätten sie beim testen gemerkt das ihre "Metrics" nicht mit der Realität übereinstimmen und sie ein Ballanceproblem haben.

Hätte ihnen aber auch mal jemand sagen können.
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Nalini

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Mo März 07 2016, 19:09

Ja, Balanceprobleme hören sich halt besser an als "So ne Scheiße, wir sind erst bei Runde 4 von 10 und nächste Woche ist Release" ;-)

Ich hab ja grundsätzlich keine Ahnung, aber braucht man für Balanceprobleme 4-6 Wochen? Und das auch nur für Neuigkeiten zu dem Thema, von Release war da ned die Rede.
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Kapupu

Anzahl der Beiträge : 93

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Mo März 07 2016, 19:35

eigentlich nicht aber BW hat bisher immer bewiesen das sie Balance nicht können. Entweder es gab den großen Nerfhammer oder totale OP Buffs. Fingerspitzengefühl hat schon immer gefehlt und wäre hier sehr wichtig.
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Warham
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Mi März 09 2016, 09:59

Glaub ich nicht. Das wahrscheinlichste ist, dass man wieder mal die scheisse rausexploiten kann das es kein morgen mehr gibt.

Btw balance heisst nicht in einem mmo das jeder 1vs1 ebenbürtig ist. Seit das immer lauter verlangt wird ist das pvp der rotz den wir heute haben.
Und so ist es auch in so einem event. Wer da unbedingt heiler spielen will hats halt schwerer als andere. Und basta.

Immer dies: buääää stein ist op sagt die schere, papier ist total balanced!

Tora
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Warham
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Mi März 09 2016, 10:00

Gibt es hoffnung mit DA O?

Tora
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Warham
Admin

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   Do März 17 2016, 17:10

Ein SEHR interessanter post, lohnt zu lesen.
Ich habe ja selbst für eine solche Firma gearbeitet und unterschreibe das zu 100%.

I personally work at a AAA studio Quebec, Canada. Now as you know, there's quite a few studios in the City of Quebec and in Montreal (Bethesda which came recently, but there's also Warner, Eidos Montreal, Ubisoft, Beenox, Gearbox, Larian and probably a few that I forgot about). When people say that everything in the industry comes around, it's not a lie. Everything, from design, company culture, employees and gameplay pillars goes around. So where do I want to go with this?

I want to give you a quick, self-explanatory theory that is applied every single day in the domain. It often seems like it goes over some people's head at times, so I want to make it extremely clear:

The industry does not care about your individual requests. You preferences as an individual player or a minority/divided community won't result in changes.

Now, I'm not speaking of technical issues. Companies do care about it - if anything, they often end-up hiring people in batch when their games are successful. What I'm speaking is about game design decisions. Let me take an example for you.

When a company decide to create a game, it analyse the market and then decide how long it'll take, how much money they're ready to invest and how many workers they're ready to employ. Once it is done, the employees have to create systems that are both fun and allow the company to make money. The most popular in the past years was the "Box" game, where you bought the box and you had the game forever.

Sadly, in the past years, a new generation came onto the market. This generation opened the possibilities marginally in terms of Gameplay, AI, Graphics and Overall Scope. However - and it's the part people can't seem to grasp - it means that a game that used to cost a regular amount (without big numbers, lets use our imagination and say that a game only cost a hundred dollars to make) is now exponentially more costly to produce. So if you've followed up to now, you probably realize that this game that cost 100$ now cost 1000$ to make. Here's the issue: The market is more competitive than ever and players ask constantly for lower prices. So to still create games, this mean that I, the enterprise developing a game, have to make bigger games with more content (which in turn, cost more) that will sell less than its predecessor for a fraction of its price.

Now of course, we all know games that ended outside the mold, but lets be honest here: it's a vast minority. Just go on metacritic and look at the reviews; you'll understand what I mean. We all know what happened right before the new generation was released: DLCs started to appear everywhere, with several DLCs being limited to skins and weapons. Then a huge outcry happened and DLCs became expansions. But soon enough, this too came too costly. Expansions takes time and resources and just help things to keep moving, not to make a profit.

At that point, Free to Play and Buy to Play appeared. Initially, it was great. But once again and faster than before, the market was oversaturated with Free to Play games of dubious quality. To this end, in-game stores started to appear in Buy to Play games. It's simple: People who want to spend 30+ bucks for a game certainly won't mind paying more in-game for cosmetic and small quality of life items. We're speaking of completely optional items that have very little impact on gameplay, but still just enough to give you an edge. The best example I can give you is the Guillie Suit in Black Desert. I can also give you the example of skins in CS:GO. Or the in-game transactions in Assassin's Creed. Or the mounts and character customization/faction change in World of Warcraft. Or any recent Shooter in history, from Destiny to Halo 5 going by Call of Duty before making a stop by Tom Clancy's games.

At this point, here's the thing you guys have to realize. The Guillie suit is here to stay. It's one of the main income for Daum and Pearl Abyss. Some might hate it; I'd argue that the fact that you paid only 30$ for the game makes it fair if you have to invest another 30$ for additionnal functionnality in a game. We don't live in a world of roses and singing birds - we live in a world where economy matters and if you want to keep the gaming industry alive, you'll have to realize that what Daum is doing with the Pearl Store is in the norm. The Guillie suit is not mandatory - in fact, if we were to make a poll, you'd realize that it's probably more split at 50/50. A 50/50 mean that no matter what they do, Daum will get part of the community angry. To this end, the only logical option is to keep it as is and let players get used to it. It's not Pay to Win. It's Pay to Keep The Game Online and Profitable.

Another thing I want to make clear is that gameplay requests are nice. However, when the community is divided or when the community ask for a change that would require a complete system and economy revamp, nothing will happen. The first example that comes to mind is the no-trading issue that a minority of you claim is a gamebreaker. What some people do not realize is that the whole game is based around the no-trading system. As soon as Daum would implement it, we'd see a crash in the auction house. We'd see a crash in the city buildings/foundry/gear houses/transport/horses and much, much more, because the whole system is developed around a fair income for everyone with pre-set prices that will require everyone to invest themselves in every sphere of the game.

The trading system would completely change this. A little like World of Warcraft, what we'd see is the death of professions because everything would become too easily available. When too many ores and gear would be put on the auction houses, we'd see a huge drop in profits - in other words, everything that can be gathered. On the other hand, everything that is extremely rare like blue gear would become overpriced. And that's the thing - that's exactly what the in-game system is against. All of this would simply happen by implementing a very harmless-looking functionality. Right now, we have a lot of items being set at the lowest price possible. But it still gives a worthwhile profit.

A lot of game design books speak of this particular issue. Economy systems in a game are extremely complex and the slightest things can break it completely and thoroughly. In the case of a trade system, it'd be as devastating as the Typhoon Katrina.

The last point I'm going to speak about is "if we're enough to complain about something, it'll change". As you've just read, it's not always possible. The thing is that if everyone starts to complain loudly, they'll create a hostile atmosphere. By experience, when the atmosphere is hostile, devs stop reading the forums and send a Human Resources team to gather feedback. This mean that the development team gets feedback through echo chambers by people that are not specialized in spotting core features. In the end, this mean that you, the player, won't be able to give important feedback through team members. Sure, the artistic director and gameplay design might go and read. Sure, THAT employee that does over like if there was no tomorrow and break his mental well being through overwork could care a lot about people's opinion. But ultimately, the chances that he's the one including new features is incredibly low. And we all know that directors don't actually touch the game and it becomes the task of the regular employees who won't bother with the negativity.

In conclusion, what you've just read might be infuriating. You might disagree and your personal experience could be completely different. What I know is that here in Quebec and in many studios around the world, this is how things happen. Daum is not a bad company and while they did do mistakes (some of which are completely stupid), the issues going out of proportions of the forum are completely stupid, useless and create a hostile environment.

At this point, you have two options. Shutting your mouth and enjoy the game as is and speak of your ideas in a mature way on the forum, or leave the game because it's not the type of game you're looking for. Stop trying to change it - if you want to play a completely different game, then maybe the problem is you and you're the one who should go and check another game.

Not sorry for long post.

tl;dr: Guillie suit is there to stay permanently because of the current market. Trading will never be implemented because the game was not designed with this as a possibility. Crying about something doesn't matter - doing so will just get you filtered through the RH filter before being handed out to the devs. Either you accept the game as it is, or you get out and play something else. Don't bother waiting for an answer if you didn't bother reading the whole thing.
130 people like this

Tora
Nach oben Nach unten
Benutzerprofil anzeigen
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig   

Nach oben Nach unten

Sie schaffen Eternal Championship nicht rechtzeitig
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Nächstes Thema anzeigen Nach oben 
Seite 1 von 1